Is it possible for Chat notification when new message to you?

ToastGuy nathan at
Mon Dec 22 22:24:32 EST 2008

I'm wondering if there is a way to get notified when someone types something

(12:12:49) SomeUser: ToastGuy: Hey ToastGuy, where have you been?

I get proper notification, via blinking menu bar, but all I see is my name
in a different color in the chat window. So I'm assuming there is some
tracking, but nothing that would alert me if I was in a different window.
Any ideas? Is there some add-on that I could install to make this happen.

Pidgin is the best freaking IM software!
Sent from the Pidgin Support List mailing list archive at