pidgin-2.5.3 Crash on exit

David Balazic David.Balazic at
Thu Dec 25 12:54:54 EST 2008

It does not crash, it just locks up.
Same happened to me. Basically the same story as with Odhiambo.
When I clik EXIT, it stops responding.
I am logged into an MSN account and one IRC account.

From: support-bounces at on behalf of Brian Morrison
Sent: Thu 25-Dec-08 18:44
To: support at
Subject: Re: pidgin-2.5.3 Crash on exit

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 20:35:13 +0300
"Odhiambo Washington" <odhiambo at> wrote:

> Is there anything I can do under Windows to help me get how it is crashing
> and report that back to the dev team?

There is a debug version you can download and install, when it crashes
it should produce a backtrace that you can then enter into the Trac bug

You'll need to read the readme so you know how to find the backtrace.

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."

Support mailing list
Support at