Several XMPP accounts (certificate problem)

Daniel Castro castromd at
Mon Aug 25 17:00:40 EDT 2008

I just signed to this mailing list and hope it's the right place for my
I just installed Pidgin 2.5 on my Ubuntu 8.04.1 and it work very well.

I do have a small weird problem.

I have two XMPP accounts configured. One and the other one which is my college email server. They use google.
After I installed 2.5 and logged in the first time it asked me to accept
certificates, 3 for my man account and then one for
The was asked twice actually, I suppose one per each
XMPP account.
The problem is that each time I open Pidgin it will ask me to accept the certificate again.

Basically what I think it's happening is that it can't handle two
certificates with the same name for different accounts.

Is this only me? Any ideas?

Thank you!

Daniel Castro
Networking and Distributed Systems
Computer Science
Trinity College Dublin

Mobile: 083-318-2058
86.4.3 Trinity Hall, Dartry Road, Dublin 6