2.4.1 crashes ?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Apr 4 14:49:55 EDT 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:41:43 +0200
"David Balazic" <David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Yesterday I updated from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 (Windows XP)
> and today I found a "Send error report" dialog for it
> on the desktop.
> 2.4.0 did not crash for me. Is this some known regression ?
> Where should I look for more data ?

While I echo the devs' comments about capturing a backtrace after a
crash, have you updated the plugin pack to 2.3.0 if you use it?

I've had a long-standing crash on closing Pidgin, the latest plugin
pack has resolved it for me on XP and Vista.

I've never seen this crash on Linux though....

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."