Is there a way for msg to not minimize my fullscreen and make a sound

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at
Tue Oct 30 01:01:56 EDT 2007

Disastorm wrote:
> When you get a message, fullscreen games minimize.  The only way I found to
> stop this is to auto hide messages.  However, you dont get soudn
> notification when this happens.  is there any way to get sound notification
> AND make it so messages dont minimize your game?

This should not prevent sound notifications. My guess, without having a
way to test this right now, is that the game is somehow locking the
sound card when in fullscreen.

Do you get sound notifications with the "Hide new IM conversations" set
to "Always" when you are not running a game?