Problem with gmail status

Francisco M Neto fmneto.lists at
Fri Oct 5 19:17:18 EDT 2007

Greetings everyone,

     I am experiencing a quite annoying problem with Pidgin and Google
Talk. I'm not sure if this is a Pidgin or a Google issue, so please
bear with me if I'm asking this question in the wrong place.
     I've been using Gaim/Pidgin with Google Talk for some time now
and, for some reason, during configuration of my gtalk account on
different computers, I used different Resource names for the same
     What's happenning now is that my status is not being correctly
reported by gtalk. I have another gtalk account, and I have added
myself in it. When I hover my buddy icon, I see

[icon] fmneto at [icon]
Account: fmneto.lists at
Status (Talk.XXXXXXX): Away
Status (HomeXXXXXX): Available