Request: Add Reply-To Header

Ethan Blanton elb at
Fri Feb 1 16:10:04 EST 2008

Tom Hennigan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Unless people really object, could an admin add a Reply-To header to
> mails sent by the mailing list?

Here are the standard arguments, presented reasonably well:

I share Luke's feelings; I really don't like reply-to, and I use a
mailer which doesn't suck.  However, I am not the primary intended
user of this mailing list, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time
debating it if most of you *do* use mailers that suck and really want

determined to commit crimes.