Status Messages Vs Personal Messages

Mike Jones eternalorb at
Thu Sep 11 16:07:54 EDT 2008

Felipe is right in that currently the status message and the explanation are
linked together. I find myself writing a message in the box that has nothing
to do with what my status is, and then whenever i want to change my status,
i will copy whatever i wrote, change my status, and then paste it back in.

I know several people who i introduced to pidgin that have complained about
that on multiple different protocols. It would be really nice if changing
Available: Goldfish are shiny
Away: Goldfish are shiny

was just a matter of clicking on the status selector and scrolling down, and
not clicking on the status selector and scrolling down and then retyping
what i want as my personal comment's about why i am away.